Alpha Technologies 225A Bypass Switch Manual
The external Maintenance Bypass switch allows you to manually transfer your connected equipment to utility power via a maintenance bypass switch, permitting scheduled maintenance, or complete UPS replacement, without power disruption. The switch has two modes of operation, Normal (UPS mode) and Bypass (maintenance bypass mode). During the normal mode, the power is being routed through the UPS system. During the bypass mode of operation, power is routed around (bypassing) the UPS system with power being supplied to the connected load through the Maintenance Bypass switch. The system incorporates a unique system of phase monitoring that measures the phase difference between input and output and prevents Maintenance Bypass switch activation if the phase difference exceeds +/- 15 degrees. This provides exceptional load protection in the event of an unintentional out of phase transfer. The switch can be used for the following applications 120Vac single phase, 120/240Vac split phase and 120/208Vac three phase applications.
- Simple, safe and reliable means for bypassing UPS while maintaining continuity of power to critical AC loads
- Phase detector with lock out prevents accidental operation with non syncronized input and output protecting downstream equipment
- Padlock safety feature to lock the switch in bypass mode during UPS service
- Electromechanical manual override feature with key switch for emergency situations
- Auxiliary contacts for remote monitoring
- Seamless integration with Alpha AMPS80 inverter system